15. Letter from Atulananda Maharaja to Paramadvaiti Maharaja + Paramadvaiti Maharaja’s response


When a teacher is found to have inappropriate relations with his student, there is a (visible) consequence: he is suspended. Atulananda Maharaja suggests a mild consequence, to take off the picture of Paramadvaiti Maharaja (PM) from the altar “like a symbolic act”. He even suggests that he would take down his own picture as well “until you are restored”.

Actually many disciples waited for a “visible” consequence. But nothing happened. Every day the lectures of PM were broadcasted via Gurudeva LIVE to disciples worldwide as though nothing had happened. Watching the broadcast on Gurudeva LIVE, many disciples felt disturbed. (Gurudeva LIVE was deactivated or deleted 3 days ago, for unknown reasons)

So in September 2018 Atulananda Maharaja announces to PM that he intends to tell devotees in Brazil, about what happened. PM response: "The way you dissipate it and write it is true. But devastating. I thought you could present it yourself as you did in my letter. Dandavats." It is obvious that Paramadvaiti Maharaja is not happy with the way Atulananda Maharaja handles the issue.


September 2018

Atulananda Maharaja

I'm telling the devotees here in Brazil. I told the devotees in Florianópolis and I intend to do it now in São Paulo, I do this because when you told this (confessed) to Yasoda and Gopalbhakti, I can see that you want the truth to be known. No doubt it will give peace to our heart.

... recommends that you even take off your photo from the altar, to create a strong emotion in the devotees and to awaken more the desire to help you. He says that if you take your photo off, I would also take mine saying that I take it off until you are reinstated. More than anything he says this as an idea, to share what is being said. He says it's like a symbolic act, something like that. It is more than anything an idea he says.

A hug M. We are rushing here. Greetings. Dandavats pranams.
BvAA

Paramadvaiti Maharaja

A hug my brother
The way you dissipate it and write it is true. But devastating.

Of course, thus begin the purification.

I thought you could present the issue as I did in my letter.
Dandavats.

I think the (idea with the) photo will cause more confusion. Just as it did a long time ago. You say that it will reinstate me but already I am in the process of reinstating myself for a good time with my confession to my elders and etc. What do you think?

Comments